J1 United

The online US tax refund service for Work and Travel participants

    • Easy and fast fillable form
    • Maximum tax return for federal and state taxes
    • Expertise in J1 students tax scenarios
    • Your tax refund in any form-prepaid visa card, western union, bank transfer, etc.
    • Pay when your taxes are returned
Return my taxes


  • of returned tax amount
    Min $60 - Max $110
    * You have a U.S. bank account
    Your money is transferred to your bank account
  • of returned tax amount
    Min $60 - Max $110
    * You do not have a U.S. bank account
    Your money is send in cash via Western UnionMoneyGram (appropriate fees might apply)
FEE $60 $72-96 $110

How it works

Create an account, answer easy-to-understand questions

Complete and send the relevant form

We find all the tax deductions and tax treatly benefits for your

We print out and send all the forms to the IRS

You Get your money!

Return my taxes

Useful tips

  • 1
  • U.S. law requires that J-1 Work & Travel participants pay federal, state and local taxes on earned income while in the United States. This includes income from salaries, wages and tips.
  • 2
  • You should receive a W-2 Form from your employer before you file your taxes. example w-2 form picture
  • 3
  • It`s your legal obligation to file a tax return at the end of the tax year. This will ensure that you keep clear tax record with the IRS (the US tax office) and claim back any overpaid tax. Make sure you file your tax return on time by the deadline(April 2019).
  • 4
  • If you qualify as a non-resident for tax purposes, you cannot submit your tax return electronically. Unlike US residents, you must prepare your tax return on paper and mail it to the IRS.
  • 5
  • As non-resident J-1 Visa holders, employees are generally not required to pay social security and Medicare taxes. For more information on tax regulations for exchange visitors to the U.S., please visit the IRS webpage on Taxation of Non-Resident Aliens.